How would you like to double, or even triple your sales over the next year?
In this guide, I am going to help you do just that.
My name is Tommy Mello, and I’m the Home Service Expert.
I currently own one of the largest garage door repair and installation companies in North America, A1 Garage Door Service. I am even more excited to say; I have only just begun.
Right now, our business does a verifiable average of $2 to $3 million per month in revenue…
And that is just one of my businesses.
I do not say all of this to brag, not at all. I just need you to know I walk the walk.
Truthfully, the reason I am writing this now is to share something with you.
You see, it took me years (and HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of dollars) to figure out what works and what does not.
Until recently, I was ok with continuing to grow my company, enjoying my life of anonymity, until a friend came to me. They convinced me to share my insights with other business owners.
So, I made a decision. I WANT TO HELP YOU!
This is my guide for you, sharing how I grew my business doubling and sometime tripling the revenue and size every year, all while still enjoying the good life.
These five little known tips contained in this guide are called my 3x method. They will help you get two to three times more calls, leads, and sales for your home service business.
Implement it with care ? It has been tested. It is PROVEN to work. ILL SEE YOU ON THE INSIDE!
Tommy’s 3X Method Revealed:
#1: Position yourself as the go-to expert in your area
The first step in 3Xing your business is to be recognized as the authority in your marketplace. The thing here is, not a lot of people know how to do this.
So…WHAT IS THE SECRET?
Ask yourself the question: What is the difference between authority figures and everyone else?
Here’s a hint: VIDEO!!
The BEST in the business understand the power of video to transform themselves from a no-name into a celebrity.
Using a video is the most effective way to develop your personal brand, establish your expertise, and build trust with your audience. They will remember your video long after it ends and your face along with the information.
According to Online Publishers, “80% of people can recall a video ad that they have seen within the preceding 30 days”.
What I found even more interesting was that 46% of that 80% acted as a result.
You will be recognized as an expert.
Your audience will trust you more.
Videos are easy to consume.
It is much less competitive.
If you would like to know how to CRUSH it on video, watch this: Position yourself as the go-to expert in your area.
#2: Turning your website into a lead machine
In order to capture leads and turn them into appointments, you need to turn your website into a total lead machine.
Your website has one job, and one job only…
Turning visitors into fans, followers, and leads!
If your website isn’t doing this, it's useless, plain and simple.
People are spending more time online now than ever before!
Here are a couple of things you can do to make your site better:
- Make it mobile-friendly: Over 60% of all internet traffic is mobile.
- Have a banner that builds trust IMMEDIATELY: When a visitor lands on your website, you have seconds to grab their attention and let them know what you do. A phone number, trust seals, your accreditation, and appealing design will help you accomplish this.
- Big bold phone number: You can take this to the next level by making it a clickable for mobile devices number.
- A button to call or email you: A large red or orange button is a great way to make sure visitors see it right away.
- Links to your social media: Always make sure to give your visitors a way to connect with you on social media.
#3: The easy to reach honey holes to get more leads
After you have set yourself up as the expert, turned your website into a lead grabbing machine, put them to work. It is time to start driving leads.
Would you like to know a few easy honey holes most people overlook but are proven to get super-low cost leads into the door?
Pay attention to Craigslist. Believe it or not, advertising on Craigslist is one of the MOST effective ways to get service calls FAST.
Two other places that provide similar results are Backpage and Pennysaver.
If you are new to these sites or haven’t had real results from them in the past, here are a couple of tips to MAXIMIZE your efforts:
- Hook them with the title: Customers will not even read the ad unless they are first attracted to the title.
- Create an eye-catching image: The tool I recommend using is Canva.
- Make it easy to contact you: Make sure the customer can quickly, and easily, find your number.
- Don’t be cheap: Quality is important. Everyone is usually in search of great deals and if you provide a quality service, be upfront about it.
- Use varied ads: In order to not be marked as spam over time, you need to vary your ads. Likewise, never post duplicate content. Use different headlines, different body copy, and different images.
- Multiple postings are recommended: You are going to get better results if you post several different ads instead of just one.
#4: How to get 5-star reviews
Customer reviews have had a HUGE impact on my businesses, and they can do the same for yours. If you manage to get some great reviews, it is going to add to your brand credibility and attract more loyal customers. Keep in mind that even a few bad reviews can seriously hurt your brand, so keep on top of them.
Getting reviews on sites like Yelp, Thumbtack, and Living Social plays a big role in a customer’s mind.5-star reviews are going to set your business apart from the competitors.
- Build trust with great reviews: Customers want to trust you before they ever invest their money in your company. Advertisements are no longer enough. Your customers have learned that they are designed to trick them (and it’s the unfortunate truth).
- Get rid of bad reviews: You need to immediately address negative reviews even before they show up on these review sites. With my company, we make it a point to survey our customers about their experience after each appointment. If they are even slightly dissatisfied, I step in and address the problem.
- Give incentives for positive reviews: Most sites have a policy against giving your customers gifts for positive reviews, but there is a way around this. On Yelp, for example, you can offer Yelp deals to your customer (basically a discount voucher).
- Simply ASK for reviews: Most businesses don’t ask for a review at the conclusion of a job. All you need to say is “I’d really appreciate it if you would take the time to write a review for me”. You also want to ask for reviews at all touchpoints, invoices, estimates, email signatures, etc.
- have a highly professional profile: Make sure your profile on these review sites looks professional.
#5: How to generate bigger sales
This may be the most important section of this report.
Have you ever heard the saying “whoever can spend the most to acquire the customer wins?
Well, …it is true.
And the only way you will ever be able to spend more to acquire leads and quality customers is if you are running a profitable business.
So, here are some tips to make the most out of every appointment:
- Filling out a checklist: When your technician begins to offer upsells, have them follow a checklist. This will mean selling the customer on potential services in a set order.
- The checklist must be optimized: You need to follow the process and optimize it as you recognize patterns. At the end of the day, you are testing until you make as much money as possible and patterns help you do that quickly.
- Offer bundled pricing: If you offer too many upsells at any one time, the customer is going to draw a line in the sand. The way you push past this is by bundling. Experiment with packaging different services together and offering those bundles at different price points. Again, you will find patterns.
- You must create a process: If you see one particular employee “crushing it”, get them in front of the rest of the team and ask them questions. On any other occasion, most of your workforce should be following a word-for-word process that is designed to maximize revenue (remember those patterns).
In this guide:
In this guide, I have shared with you five specific tips I have learned through the growth of my own business. Each step, each tip, contains other smaller tips to help guide you in finding the same growth potential within your company.
Now it is your turn!
What tip was new to you that you are going to go out and begin implementing today?
Which tip was your favorite, or one that you had never thought of?
Is there a tip missing that you have found that would help other business owners and you would like me to add?
Want to learn even more?
On my podcast (episodes at homeserviceexpert.com) I interview top people in the industry. They reveal their strategies, their secrets, their stories, where you can learn from them. A new episode is posted every week.
Start with Terry Nicholson and his information on the true competitive edge in the home service industry.